2017 Summer Book Trek Whitney Nominations
The Whitney Awards recognize excellence in fiction produced by LDS authors. To be considered for a Whitney, a book must receive five nominations. One of the ways to earn points in the Summer Book Trek is to nominate a book for a Whitney Award. But don’t just nominate for the points—do it because you loved the book.
This is a cumulative list of the books we’ve nominated for a Whitney Award during the current Summer Book Trek, as reported by the participants. Not all of these books were read in July, but the nomination was made during the Trek. Also, some nominees may not actually be eligible for the award.
The list is updated weekly. Books are listed alphabetically by title.
Individual Titles Nominated = 12 • Total Nominations = 17
- Before It’s Love — Michelle Pennington
- Capture, The — Julie Coulter Bellon (x2)
- Fine Gentleman, A — Sarah M. Eden
- Hold me at Twilight — Lucinda Whitney (x2)
- Hundredth Queen, The — Emily R. King
- Lily of the Manor — Anita Stansfield
- Miss Whitaker Opens Her Heart — Jennifer Moore (x2)
- Motive — NT Jenks
- Moustaches for Maddie — Chad Morris & Shelly Brown
- Romancing Daphne — Sarah M. Eden (x3)
- Shatter — Nikki Trionfo (x3)
- Song of Copper Creek, The — Kristen McKendry