If you have not already submitted a Spotlight Request Form for your free post on this site, do that first. It can take up to a few weeks to process your spotlight request, so plan accordingly.
Please Read Carefully!
Before submitting the Win These Books! Application Form to request to be part of the Monthly Giveaway, please read the Monthly Giveaway Information (how the giveaway works).
Completing this form does NOT guarantee you a spot. I will review your request to see if it meets the guidelines, fits the schedule, and is a good match for my readers. If approved, I will send a confirmation email.
This is a detailed, step-by-step set of instructions for filling out the Win These Books! Application Form. I recommend you keep this page open while completing your form. If you do it wrong, it may mean your book will not be accepted as part of this giveaway.
What To Put In Each Field
- Contact Name. This is the name of the person completing the form. It can be the author, the publisher, a PR firm, or marketing assistant.
- Contact E-mail. This is the email of the person completing the form. It is the email to which I will send confirmation and questions about your application. Please make sure it is an email that will be checked regularly. Also, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of safe contacts.
- Prize Provider E-mail. This is the email of the person who is providing the prize. It is the email to which I will send the winner’s information.
- Book is eligible? Check YES if you have read and understand the information on the Monthly Giveaway Page AND your book is eligible for the giveaway.
- Agree to terms? Check YES if you agree to the terms of the giveaway. This is very important! You will be held to these terms whether or not you read them.
- Book Title. Type the title of the book, as it appears on the front cover.
- Author Name(s). Type the name of the author(s), as it appears on the front cover.
- Release Date. Enter the official release date for your book.
- Preferred month. Enter the month in which you wish to participate in the giveaway. This is subject to availability.
- Spotlight Post Link. Find your Spotlight post on this website and paste the link here. (If there is no spotlight, stop now and submit the information I need to create one.)
- Amazon Link. Find your book on Amazon and copy and paste the entire URL for your book. If your book is not yet on Amazon, you must wait until it is to submit this application.
- Series Title. If this book is part of a series, enter the series title here. If it is not part of a series, leave blank.
- Series Number. Enter the series number for this book. If it is not part of a series, leave blank.
- May winner choose previous book? If this book is NOT the first book in a series, are you willing to offer the winner an option to pick one of the previous books in the series as their prize? Giveaway participants aren’t very interested in winning book 5, if they haven’t read book 1. We feature the new book in the spotlight, but add a note that says they can choose an earlier book if they win. (See example here; scroll down to Guardians.)Select Yes or No.
- Prize Format. This is totally up to you and/or your publisher. Select one of the options.
Print: I make it clear to those who enter that they must have a U.S. mailing address if they choose a print copy.
Ebook: If you choose this option, you must be able to provide your book in both .epub and .mobi formats. These two formats cover most of the current e-readers. How you deliver the ebook is up to you, but it must be easy for the winner to get it. You can email it directly to them or arrange to deliver/gift it directly to their e-reader.
Winner’s Choice: This means you are willing to give away either a print copy or an ebook, and you will let the winner choose which format they prefer.
- Tweetable. Enter a short (90 characters or less) tweetable for your book.
Go look at your Spotlight post for this book. Is there a gray box at the bottom with your Author information? If not, please enter all of the information in this section.
If you DO have a bio box, enter any updates or corrected information below.
If all the information is correct and up to date, enter USE PREVIOUS to all.
- Author Bio: This is info about you as a professional author. You can be funny and clever, but keep it professional. Write it in third person. Approximately 100-150 words.
- Author Photo URL. Enter a link to your Author photo online. It will be cropped to a headshot, 200 x 200 px.
- Website URL: This is a link to your author website or blog. If you don’t have a website, but your publisher has a dedicated author page for you on their site, you may use that. Enter the entire URL. If you’re not available online, type NONE.
- Author Twitter Handle: Enter your handle/username only. This is what shows up with the @ character in front of it—but DO NOT INCLUDE THE @. If you’re not on Twitter, type NONE.
- Author Facebook Page URL: If you have a Facebook Author PAGE (this is a page where people “like” you, not the personal profile where they “friend” you), put the full URL in the field. If you do not have a Facebook Author Page, type NONE.
- Comments: Type any questions I haven’t answered in this field, or any information you think I need to know about you, your book, or your post.
Notification of Acceptance
I will send you a confirmation email as soon as the giveaway applicants have been chosen. Remember, new releases get preference. If your book was released more than six months ago, it may not be accepted.