Are you an LDS* author of fiction?
Has your FICTION book been published this year?
Then you can (probably) have a FREE spotlight post on this website!
The main focus of this site are the newly released fiction spotlight posts. These are NOT reviews. They are simply an announcement that your book exists. Visitors to the site are encouraged to leave reviews in the comments and to give books star ratings.
- Books must be written/co-written by a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but they do not have to contain LDS content or characters.
- Book must be FICTION—Middle Grade through Adult, in (nearly) all genres, including anthologies and novellas. I will occasionally add a children’s chapter book if it’s by a popular author.
- Exceptions: erotica, hard-core violence, short stories, seasonal story booklets, chapter books, graphic novels, memoirs, poetry, children’s picture books, and extremely poor quality writing or production. What qualifies as an exception is totally at my discretion.
- Books are posted by year, on or near their release date. Posts are frequently backdated to maintain release order.
- Books may be published by either a traditional LDS publisher, a national (non-LDS) publisher, or self-published.
- Books must be available for sale at Amazon.com**, as a printed book or as a professionally created e-book.***
- Reprints or re-released novels are not eligible, unless significant revisions have been made. (If this is the case, please let me know when requesting a post.) Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Other Things to Know
- Updating Posts: I am happy to update your posts with new links, but it’s your responsibility to get that information to me.
- Self-Policing: This is a self-policing site. It’s up to you to check the eligibility requirements to make sure you meet them. If a book is listed on this site that is not eligible or is offensive, someone please let me know.
- Not LDS?: Ooops, sorry! Hopefully it’s not offensive that you were mistakenly listed here. I try to verify this when encountering a new author but sometimes I can’t. I trust what my readers tell me. If you’re not LDS or no longer LDS, let me know and I’ll delete your post. I have sister sites that focus on other niche markets unrelated to religion. Read “Meet the Geek” for links to other current sites.
- Offensive Material: Not all of the books posted here are fully in line with LDS standards of conduct or morality. When I become aware of books that may have offensive material (swearing, violence, immorality), I will post a content warning on that book’s post. If I discover that a book promotes or celebrates behavior that is outside LDS standards or grossly offensive to most of my readers, I will remove the book from this site.
- Whitney Affiliation: There is no direct affiliation between NewLDSfiction.com and the Whitney Awards/Committee. A post on NewLDSfiction.com does NOT mean your book has been nominated for a Whitney Award, nor does it mean it is eligible for a Whitney Award.
So do you qualify?
Great! Click the Spotlight Form button to download the form. Follow the instructions on that page to correctly complete the form. If you have additional questions, click the Spotlight FAQs button or send me an email.
* Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon)
**I use my own Amazon affiliate links in all posts.
***Professionally created ebook = a book formatted for e-book readers, such as the iPad, Kindle, Nook, Sony, Kobo, etc. A pdf download is not adequate.